JOB TITLE: Estimator
LOCATION: Corporate Office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college or university degree or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Working knowledge of computerized estimating and Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must maintain a valid Iowa driver’s license.
OTHER QUALITIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the commercial construction process and practices is a requirement.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Smoke free work environment. Smoke breaks will not be permitted. Coffee or drink can be available at the desk.
- Noise Intensity Level 3 – Moderate
This job description does not create a contract of employment nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. All employees accept the responsibility of performing any and all duties required by Rinderknecht Associates Inc.
Interested? Send your resume to Dee Harris at email@example.com today!