Working with Rinderknecht is remarkably efficient because we assume one-source responsibility. Your project manager leads and drives the project by applying principles and practices to anticipate and solve problems. The project manager also continually reviews project elements and costs to ensure teamwork and on-time completion.
At Rinderknecht, we follow carefully structured procedures that have proven effective in guiding all phases of the construction process.
Pre-construction Phase Activities:
Prepare cost information
Rinderknecht develops early conceptual estimates based on our historical knowledge of costs. We use estimating software to formulate accurate, second-round budget estimates that reflect the design-development requirements specified in your project’s architectural drawings. The estimates may also include such non-construction items as furniture, contingency and financing costs.
Provide value analysis
Rinderknecht provides a complete analysis that covers the full scope of each project. We also routinely evaluate individual aspects such as aesthetics, materials, overall cost, schedule and performance so your information is as complete as possible.
Plan on-time completion
Using Suretrak software, Rinderknecht develops and continually updates the project schedule to reflect all design and construction activities.
Select quality bidders
Rinderknecht prepares for your approval a list of qualified area subcontractors and vendors. Subcontracted items may include excavation and grading, site utilities, roofing, floor coverings and special equipment. Vendor-supplied items may include doors, insulation and other specialty items required to complete your project.
Obtain competitive bids
Rinderknecht obtains competitive bids from the subcontractors and vendors you have approved. We will also prepare a detailed estimate for any project work Rinderknecht will perform.
Minimize change orders
To keep change orders to an absolute minimum, Rinderknecht analyzes all bids for specifications conformance, compares them with our budget estimates and reviews them with you to ensure your approval.
Construction Phase Activities:
- Maintain an on-site project superintendent and complete office support
- Issue subcontracts and purchase orders to approved subcontractors and vendors
- Provide on-site safety and training workshops
- Expedite sample submittals and material shop drawings
- Manage construction operations
- Schedule and coordinate all construction activities
- Monitor and update construction schedule
- Install vendor-purchased items
- Conduct weekly progress meetings
- Provide continuous cost control
- Submit and process periodic pay requests on AIA documents
Post-construction Phase Activities:
- Obtain for the owner the certificate of occupancy from the local building authority
- Provide written warranties as required
- Obtain waivers of liens from all vendors as required
- Provide “as built” drawings for the owner
- Assemble and bind operation and maintenance manuals for all mechanical, electrical, electronic and control equipment
- Provide training in the operation of the building and its equipment
- Provide building commissioning (start-up) services
- Perform warranty work, if required
- Provide ongoing or periodic maintenance agreements
- Continually attend to customer needs
Rinderknecht’s careful planning, exacting execution and thorough follow-through help ensure that your construction project will proceed smoothly toward a successful completion. Constant, clear communication throughout the entire process helps ensure that you will feel well informed and completely satisfied every step of the way.